Adzuki Beans & Pumkin Stew
Delicious winter meal that will warm you up
- 1 pot
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 Stripe Seaweed Kombu or Wakame
- 4 tbsp Sesame Oil organic
- 2 tsp Sea Salt unrefined
- 2 cups Adzuki Beans organic
- 2 onions organic
- 750 g Pumpkin organic
- 1/2 stick Cinnamon
- 2 Star Anis
- 5 pods Cardamon
- 5 Cloves
- 3 leaves Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Ginger organic
- 4 tbsp Tamari or Shoyu
- Presoak the adzuki beans overnight with one strip of seaweed1 Stripe Seaweed, 2 cups Adzuki Beans
- Cook the beans in a pot for 1h and throw the water away. Keep the beans aside.
- Heat up a pan and add 2 Tbsp of sesame oil.4 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Chop the onions and fry until translucent. Add a pinch of salt to seal the taste.2 onions, 2 tsp Sea Salt
- Chop the pumpkin, add to the onions and fry for 10/15min with the lid on. Turn every 2 mins or so. After that add a pinch of salt.750 g Pumpkin
- Add the onions and the pumpkin into a pot. Add water or stock (the more water the more it'll become a soup. The less water, the more it'll become a casserole).
- Add desired spices to the pot: cinnamon, cloves, star anise, cardamon, pepper, bay leaves etc…1/2 stick Cinnamon, 2 Star Anis, 5 pods Cardamon, 5 Cloves, 3 leaves Bay leaves
- Then cook for 15min before adding adzuki beans.
- Finally cook everything together for 1h30 (or more, depends on desired consistency) on low/medium heat.
- At the end, add the grated ginger, and the Tamari and serve with rice1 tbsp Ginger, 4 tbsp Tamari